In anticipation of the largest MerpCon yet, we need to build a larger list of available Game Masters that will be available. Please register online using the RSVP form, and select the check box for Game Master at http://www.merpcon.org/rsvp
or email webmaster at merpcon dot org, or call 509.481.5437. Additional details provided below...
Spokane Tolkien Society's Middle-earth Role-Playing Convention MerpCon V. 100% free and open to the public 3+ days event.
July 24-26 (potentially also the 27th optionally), 2009
: Spokane, Washington (USA)
* Minimum 1 year (total) Game Master experience (prefer 5+ years, especially any convention-based GM experience).
* Must be 18 or older for any tables (youth or adult), or 13-17 to GM a youth table (but will need parent/guardian consent form signed), we will have at least 1, possibly 2 youth tables this year, ranging in age from 9 to 17 years old, as we did last year.
* Must be familiar with a Tolkien / Middle-earth based game system. You may use any preferred Game System adapted to Middle-earth, some of these include but are not limited to:
o Ea d20 (D&D) 3.5
o ICE MERP / RM / HARP
o Decipher LotR
o Games Workshop The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game
o Basic RPG
o Others (as long as already modified to better \"fit\" a Tolkien-based setting).
* OPTIONAL: We are also interested in running a Deaf / ASL table this year, and/or next year. If you have strong ASL signing skills combined with at least some GM skills, we would be VERY interested (this is completely optional and not a requirement for all other tables of course).
Campaign material can be provided or, upon review and approval, your own campaign may be used. Pregenerated characters need to be created matching the requests of attendee RSVP form preferences for race/culter, gender, class-type, and any other information provided by attendee.
One to two game sessions per day, game sessions last 4-5 hours, with 15 minute break midway. You may register for a single session, or for multiple sessions. You will be assigned your own room, table, and group.
Since this is a 100% free volunteer-run event, we are unable to offer monetary compensation for MerpCon V (2009), though we may be able to assist with room and board, and on a very limited basis with some travel expenses possibly. We will attempt to provide other "incentives" if possible such as special edition printed and bound copies of Other Minds or other zines, large printed maps based on Thomas Morwinsky & Co's work, t-shirt, badge, cup, hat, or other paraphernalia.
Contact: Visit http://www.merpcon.org/rsvp
or email webmaster at merpcon dot org or call (509 481-5437 (ask for Hawke), and please provide the following information:
1. First & last name
4. Phone number(s)
6. What time slot(s) you are available (see the schedule http://www.merpcon.org/schedule/merpcon-v-schedule
or via the rsvp form at http://www.merpcon.org/rsvp
7. Which game system(s) you would prefer to use.
8. Whether you will provide your own campaign or wish to have one provided to you in advance.
9. If you need assistance with room and board.
10. How many days/nights you will be attending.
We look forward to seeing you at MerpCon V!