14: Home
15: News
16: Community Forums
17: News
18: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › GW Warhammer 40k › Warhammer 40k Killzone Tournament May 27th, 250 points
Warhammer 40k Killzone Tournament May 27th, 250 points

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGW Warhammer 40k
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Warhammer 40k Killzone Tournament May 27th, 250 points Reply with quote

Merlyn's is hosting a Warhammer 40k Killzone tournament on Sunday, May 27th! Lists will be 250 points, and signups will start at 10:00. There will be a $10 entry fee that will be added to the prize pool. Please be in the store before 10:30 to register.

This event uses the unofficial "Killzone" ruleset that can be found here. The missions will be standardized by round and selected by me.

Prizes will be a flat payout because of the potentially unbalanced nature of the event. We currently plan an award for completing Primary Missions, Secondary Missions, and a player vote award for the best painted Killteam.

Some general rules:
-Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rules will be used.
- Rules and Army Lists marked as ‘Trial’ or ‘Optional’ are not allowed. Unofficial rules sets are not allowed. In addition, the Following are NOT legal for the 40K Tournament:
Armored Company (Any Variation)
- Specific Zone fighting rules will NOT be in effect – Including Jungle Fighting or City Fighting.
- What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). If you wish to use an item, it must be represented on the figure. Each figure must be fitted to the base supplied for the figure in its blister or box. Only Vehicles may be without a base.
- You must bring all materials needed to play including dice, templates, measuring devices, templates, models, calculators, and any rules that you will be using. If the Codex is available for your army you must have it with you at all times. You must also have the latest version of the FAQ for your army, available from the Games Workshop website. Each player should also bring at least 3 objective markers on 40mm bases.
- Each player must provide their opponent during each round a copy of their army list.
- All Tournament missions are considered 'Standard' for Space Marine Drop Pod special rules.
- In order to keep the Tournament running on schedule, when time is called for a round, all players must drop their dice and stop playing – no exceptions. Because of this, please be aware of the time left in the round and do not start a full turn you cannot finish. At a minimum, a 30-minute warning will be called by the Judge.
- Non GW models will be allowed, but they must be appropriate representations of the unit in question. Models and wargear should be modeled in such a way that they are both internally consistent within the army and not confusing to other players. Proxying is NOT allowed. The judge will be the final arbiter of the legality of a model.
- Models in your army must be scaled to GW's 28mm, or close enough to not affect game play.
- If illegal units or Tournament rules violations are found in a player's list, at a minimum, the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. Please check with Tournament judges prior to the event for any questions in advance.
- All rulings by the Tournament judges will be final.

Games, Scoring, and Prizes

- There will be 3 rounds in the Tournament, with each round consisting of one two-hour game.

-This event will be scored using a win/loss format, with Victory Points for tiebreakers. The scenarios will be slightly different from those we've used before. If you would like more information, please see Steve in store.

Schedule

The following times are subject to change.

10:00 – Doors open
10:00 – 10:30 – Set up, Sign-In, and Introductions
10:30 – 10:45 – Round 1 Table Assignments and Setup
10:45 – 12:45 – Round 1
12:45 – 1:45 – Lunch/Dinner
1:45 – 2:00 – Round 2 Table Assignments and Setup
2:00 – 4:00 – Round 2
4:00 – 4:15 – Round 3 Table Assignments and Setup
4:15 – 6:15 – Round 3
6:15 – 6:30 – Awards Ceremony

Merlyns is scheduled to close at 9pm, so lets please keep things moving.

The schedule is subject to modification. Please ensure that you are available to stay for the entire tournament.

that in the evening, night-time follows day.
Fathead
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Warhammer 40k Killzone Tournament May 27th, 250 points Reply with quote

how did this one go? I'm never able to attend because i always, always work on sundays.. but the SO:Killzone factor really really almost got be to call in sick. guess i'd like to know how well it was received by the monthly gamers...
SonOfDorn
Seasoned Browser

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Warhammer 40k Killzone Tournament May 27th, 250 points Reply with quote

I'm also curious how it turned out. I communicate with the creators of Killzone on a regular basis and I'm certain they'd love any feedback Smile

Fathead
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Warhammer 40k Killzone Tournament May 27th, 250 points Reply with quote

guess we had to be there huh?
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Warhammer 40k Killzone Tournament May 27th, 250 points Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I took a short vacation and missed your posts!

We had five players, so we played round robin. The rules seemed fairly intuitive, and all the questions save one were answered by the army-specific pdf. The last one was an intent versus wording question, which I dislike, but that's a problem inherent to the species. If I had one suggestion to make, it would be to separate the quick reference into an army-building sheet and a game play sheet.

that in the evening, night-time follows day.
SonOfDorn
Seasoned Browser

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Warhammer 40k Killzone Tournament May 27th, 250 points Reply with quote

They're looking to revamp/rewrite for 6th in the next month, so I'll pass it along. Glad you enjoyed it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGW Warhammer 40k All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: