62: Community Forums
63: News
64: Home
65: Community Forums
66: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › Flames of War › Prize support for our National Qualifier?
Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexFlames of War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Wayne at BF told me we should have gotten prize support from BF USA before the tournament.

Chris at BF USA apparently did not supply any.

The group in Texas that held an event with 20 players received this:

'There was PLENTY of prize support up for grabs, everyone was very excited. Battlefront came through with LOTs of blister packs, 23+ and a box of Sting of the Scorpion,'

this tidbit was posted on BF's website.

So something is smelly in Denmark.

Why didn't BF supply us with some goodies to give out? This seems odd and I have sent a pm to BF NZ to figure out what happened.

Chris
DeathorGlory
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Go get em Chris. I agree 100%. A little support from BF- US would be nice. If I can do anything in support let me know.

ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

It just struck me as odd, that Wayne said we were supposed to get some. Then Jon told me Chris at BF USA said no. Then a few weeks later and lo and behold a tournament just barely bigger than ours gets over $250 worth of prize support.

23 $9 blisters= $207
Sting of the Skorpion= $?

Just seemed damned odd is all.

Chris
Dungeon_Master123
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Just to let you guys know, i am not allowed to leave the house on sunday's, so i cant make it to the flames of war days.

Register at this Miniature War Game forum for free!!!
minibattles.freeforums...portal.php
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Sorry to hear that. I couldn't leave the house last Sunday either and even had to cancel a game at my own house. But it was because my back was bothering me after going to the Pirate Revel on Saturday. Lifted to many Guiness and the unbearable weight caused problems.

Actually I just sneezed Sunday morning and had to cancel my day. Sucks sometimes, but it happens.

Hope to see some people next Sunday.

Chris
merlyn
∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Hey Chris,

Keep me posted on this. I too was surprised to get nothing, but figured it was standard. It bothers me that other tournaments get goodies, and we got nothing.

And maybe send me BF wayne's e-mail privately via goribob @ aol.com.

Thanks

John
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Jon,

I contact Wayne thru pm's on the FOW site. He has not checked his in box yet. So I do not have a reply.

You also need to check with Chris at BF USA on your end and see what is up. It seems like he either blew you off completely or is playing favoritism. Since I know you had asked it just seemed strange to see a tournament with only 20 players get over $10 in prize support per player as a freebie from BF.

Yet one with 12, and we could have had as high as 18-20 since so many people cancelled at the last moment. Seems wrong. Ask Chris to send it anyway and then we can give it out to the participants in blisters or as door prizes for weekly or monthly events.

Chris
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

It appears that Wayne and Phil at BF have taken a week or so off after finishing the Festung Europa Book and that book has just gone to the printers.

Chris
Tunedeaf1
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

I talked to SOS (Store owner Steve) at Oroboro. He tells me that BF doesn't supply prize support. Did the Texas shop just turn the entry fees into prizes? Wanye said BF does supply prize support. I curious to know how this turns out.

And I'm sure there will be some kinda prizes at the Oroboro thing. Steve always turns some, if not most or all of the fees into prizes. Sean, how is this working? Have you and SOS talked about this yet??

Paul
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

The Texas event announced loud and to the world on the FoW site that prizes were supplied by BF. Steve at Oroboro needs to make Chris at BF USA stand tall. Make him put it in writing.

Chris
Tunedeaf1
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Uh, we're checking into this.

Paul
fe2mike
Bouncer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Chris,

Mike here, I got your other book down here at the store for you.
Later Mike

ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Mike,

Thanks, I will be down in a week or so.

I still have not heard back from Wayne or Phil at BF about the prize support issue. They got my messages, so I am waiting. Did you or Jon hear back from Chris at BF USA on why no prize support was provided for our tournament, yet $250+ was provided in Texas?

Chris
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Here is Chris at BF's response to my continued questions to all the BF NZ staff. Note I have not contacted Chris directly so this had to come down the hill and land on him.

----------------

Chris at BF USA wrote:

'Not being one that likes to write anything down I will keep this short.

Prize support is not awarded to every event or to every store. I did not promise prize support to Merlyns nor did anyone in my office agree to it.

Bigger events do get some support and the selection process is based off of several factors.

If you have further questions feel free to email me directly or contact me at the office.

-----------------

This answer can be take a couple of different ways. First, BF has a policy that it does not provide prize support to small stores or to clubs that do not purchase from them. Meaning: since Jon doesn't give them enough money, it is not worth their time, effort or money to support him in anyway possible.

Second: Chris at BF could have discretion to give out prize support to any of his friends or to whomever he feels like. This smacks of favoritism and would seem to be very GW'ish.

What they both mean. BF does not feel that our area, Merlyn's, any of us are worth even a single dime of their support, because we aren't big enough. Once again it comes down to the we support the big clubs and events and to bad if you don't measure up.

I sent a very nice pm back to Wayne with a copy of Chris' comments in the hopes that they could enlighten me on how the system really works.

I also sent a nice response to Chris in the hopes that he would enlighten me.

I thought I would share with all of you just to keep all of this on the up and up.

Chris
ogre
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Prize support for our National Qualifier?

Chris at BF USA has told me that prize support policy is not information that I can have. It is private and between BF and store owners only.

Jon, I apologize if I said or did anything to make a mess of this.

I have merely been trying to find out the parameters of how and why prize support is given out. I have many friends across the US that will be holding Regional Qualifiers and that would like that information. In the hopes that their events could get support from BF.

It is evidently a closely held trade secret. Not given to mere mortals.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexFlames of War All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: