82: Stories Archive
83: Stories Archive
84: Community Forums
85: Community Forums
86: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Miniature Gaming › GW Warhammer 40k › LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!
LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGW Warhammer 40k
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

Merlyn's will be running the following types of events for the Lucky 13's campaign:

MEGA BATTLE- The six Mega battle events are the core of the Lucky 13s campaign. Each event is a large, multi-player game with forces of between 1500 and 3000 points per player. Please remember to decide on your list ahead of time, as you may need to adjust it immediately before the game.

Participating in a Mega Battle will earn you a stamp.

Story Writing Competition- One strength of the Apocalypse format is the way the the rich background of the 40K universe can be brought to life on the table-top. Stories bring the game together, create great cinematic moments, and cause us all to look at our brave warriors as much more than plastic or metal toy soldiers. Truly great Apocalypse games are put together by fantastic story-tellers that keep the story (and the game) rolling along, building on the inter-play of action and reaction. Good story-telling can make a good game into a great one!

To enter this event, you should write a story that sets the scene for a fantastic Apocalypse game between two or more opposing forces. You will be required to write between 750 and 1,500 words. Judging will take place at the local level with the winning stories sent on for national judging.

The Story Writing Competition is limited to one entry per person, and each entrant will earn one stamp. Deadlines are TBA.

Apocalypse Gaming League- While an enormous battle every couple of months is fantastic, playing 10,000+ point games every week can start to take it out of you. That’s why “The Lucky 13s” Gaming League only requires one 3,000 point (1-on-1) or 4,000 point (2-on-2) game per month. This gives you plenty of time to prepare not only your armies, but your strategies and smack talk, for the next game. We all know big games of 40K are fun, now you can really get stuck into a great series of Apocalypse games against a variety of opponents.

You can earn one stamp for each Gaming League game you participate in with a maximum of one stamp per month.

Kill-team Gaming League- For those of you who tire of the epic conflict of Apocalypse games, we are offering a Kill-team League. Complete rules for Kill-team can be found in the WH40k 4th edition Core Rulebook. Each month you may play one Kill-team match, consisting of one game as Brutes and one as the Kill-team.

You can earn one stamp for each Kill-team League match you participate in with a maximum of one stamp per month.

Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Days- On Saturdays with no other scheduled events, we'll be holding an open event day for Lucky 13s. On these days Merlyn's will have a clear space in the back of the store for 40k related activities.

In addition, we'll be awarding extra Army Agenda points (used in the Mega Battles) to participants who help produce objective markers or terrain for our Mega Battles and store collection.

Finally, at a limited number of event days we will be running 40k demos. On these days we'll have players with extra armies available to walk new 40k players through their first games. Bring in a new player to receive an Army Agenda bonus! Contact Steve to schedule a Demo.

Participating in any 40k related activity on one of these days will earn you a stamp.

40k Tournaments- Once per month on a Sunday, Merlyn's holds a 40k tournament. These events have a $5 entry fee added to a base prize pool of $50. Watch this forum for details.

Participating in one of our regular tournaments will earn you one stamp.

Painting Competitions- We currently have two painting competitions scheduled during the Lucky 13's campaign. Watch this forum for details.

Entering in a painting competition during the Lucky 13's campaign will earn you one stamp.

Remember, you need 13 stamps to earn your patch!

that in the evening, night-time follows day.
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

Here are the dates of our upcoming Lucky 13's events:

May:
9- Mega Battle
17- Tournament
23- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
30- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day

June:
7- Tournament
13- Mega Battle
20- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
27- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Days

July:
4- Painting competition judging
12- Tournament
18- Mega Battle
25- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day

August:
1- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
8- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
16- Tournament
22- Mega Battle
29- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day

September:
5- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
12- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
20- Tournament
26- Mega Battle

October:
3- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
10- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
17- Terrain/ Painting/ and Objective Day
25- Tournament

November:
7- Mega Battle, last day of Lucky 13s

Zeev
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

Well, hmmm. Maybe, just maybe, I can be there for the July 12 tourney...Ill probably spend July 11 at Merlyns, trying to learn the basic rules and everything (I should be in Spokane that weekend). So..yay. Razz
kid_happy

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

How many points are the tournament battles? I won't be able to make it down this summer but would like to make a monthly visit come fall/winter.

cheers!

David
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

I try to mix up the points values and special rules to keep anyone from getting bored. My range is usually between 1000 and 2500 points, depending on various factors

Zeev
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

As long as you know for the July 12th game by July 11 so I know what I have to spend my time buying and assembling that day :P. BTW does Merlyns have a table set up where people can assemble minis...cus ill be in a hotel that weekend so i do not know where I will put them all together. (I only have about 1k points right now)
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

Actually, great timing on that question. I've just been informed that the dates for 'Ard Boyz have been changed this year, and the event will be on July 12th. This means that our regular tournament will be cancelled. Fortunately, assuming that 'Ard Boyz rules remain the same, the points value will be unchanged at 2500. As soon as we have further information, I will post it here.

We do have tables set up which can be used for assembly or games or whatever. 1500 points in a single day is a bit rough, so I'd try to work on it a little bit between now and then if possible.

Zeev
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

well with some recent additions im at about 1500. Most of the points will be made up with Hammerheads (Alot goes unglued so they really are not hard to put together). As well as crisis suits (Also easy).

Where can I find the rules for 'Ard Boyz?
Zeev
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

I also need an idea as to how long the tourney will ask. (I am up there for a school thing on the 10th so I have to rely on my dad for a ride prolly.)
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

The 'Ard Boyz rules for this year are not up yet, but I'll be keeping an eye on the GWS website here. Generally, 'Ard Boyz consists of very simple, brutally competetive scenarios with a variety of objectives. Large numbers of troops are usually a good idea, but I'd stay flexible in your list until the scenarios are put up.

'Ard Boyz is also our largest tournament turnout, which means that you'll want to be here bright and early around 9:00 to ensure a spot, and we'll run at least until 6:00, possibly a bit later. I'd plan on having a ride as close to 6:00 as possible, since that's when we'll be closing if all goes well.

Zeev
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

gotcha
evilbutgood
Fiendish Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

do not forget mega battle 10am Twisted Evil
sthar8
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

Just a reminder; we have a Mega-Battle tomorrow! The game will start at 11:00, and anyone is welcome to play. Apocalypse forces should be between 1500 and 3000 points and no force organisation chart is required.

Igmar
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: LUCKY 13's EVENTS CALENDAR!

So what's this month's (October) tournament build/special rules gonna be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexGW Warhammer 40k All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: