115: Community Forums
116: Stories Archive
117: Community Forums
118: Stories Archive
119: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Main Menu

Community Forums › Collectable Card Games › Legend of the 5 Rings › L5r Meetings and Tourneys
L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexLegend of the 5 Rings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jschouten
Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Just a quick question, out of curiosity.

What are the "goodies" provided by AEG for Dojo Days participation? I saw that we bumped up from Level 2 to 3 recently, and was just curious. Thanks for your time.

-Justin
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

the goodies are mailed directly to the dojo, I believe John has a list of what comes at what levels.

Also, had 4 people for the Ogre event today. The win went for the Crab by Matt Anderson. Next week is another Ogre storyline booster draft event. Come on over and show your clans support.

Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Well do to the stores recent events there will be no meeting for L5R this saturday as the punks took the tournement kit for this weekend. We will resume the normal schedule with the next listed date.

12/01/07 2 vs 2 format
12/15/07 regular format
12/29/07 Open Tourney

∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Matt, We still have the 6 remaining sets of cards and prizes from week one. If we want to do the official reporting, we have to do it tonight. But if we don't care about official we can do it some other time.

Keep us posted.

John at Merlyn's
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

We are just going to have to do it another time.

Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

I have a few questions about the upcoming 2 vs 2 tourney. How do you participate in a 2 vs 2 format tournament? Is it similar to the "Commanders of Jade" 3 vs 3 played at the European Championships? What is the buy-in? Are the wins and champions to be recorded and transmitted to AEG? What, if any, are the prize materials for the tournament?

I thank you for your time and consideration on these questions.

-Justin Schouten
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

AEG doesn't track normal tournement winners anymore, only storyline events. The buy in is a $1 and a booster, the $1 comes back as prizes.

As far as the 2 vs 2 format, players will be randonly seated with another player for their team. This way we can mix up teams and no one can anticipate who they have to work with. How did the euro championship work?

Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Well, as I understood it, much the same as the 2 vs 2 format you've set up. Three member teams were declared, then each member played against another three member team, games were played one on one, but scores were tallied in terms of team performance.

The reason I asked about the win reports was due to the Race for the Throne. I seemed to remember reading in one of the first Race updates that Military points were awarded for every twenty wins reported by Clans to AEG. I just wasn't sure if that was during major tourney functions, or if that was based on local tourney reporting as well.

Thanks for your time and attention. I hope to attend the 2 vs 2 tourney next weekend.

-Justin
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Good to know, that helps a bit with how to run the tourney. Thanks.

∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Hey Matt and all,

We signed up for the Honors veil pre-release. The two dates we can run it are Jan 19th or Jan 26th. Figure out when we want to do it and drop me a note.

Thanks

John at Merlyn's
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Hey sorry everyone for not being there on saturday, I was distracted by personal events and didnt make it down there.

The January staurdays are the 12th and the 26th for the L5R nights. We will go ahead and run the prerelease for Honor's Veil on the 26th.

On another note, the numbers of players showing up on a regular basis has almost completely disappeared. I find it a little disheartening to see such a great game go to the wayside. If our numbers dont come up by the end of January I am not going to schedule any more meetings and everyone can figure out when they want to get together. I do enjoy the game and plan on continueing to play it but if I only get 2 or 3 people to show up to a tourney then the tourneys aren't going to happen. When we all origionally discussed the Dawn of the Ogre storyline event everyone at the meeting said they would come to both events if we signed up for them. We were able to schedule both events but the first time I had only 3 people show up. In order to continue to schedule tournements I need 6 players to show up on a regular basis.

Hope to see you all soon.

Awkward new guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

I'm sorry you weren't available last Saturday evening. One of the few weekends where I had an opportunity to play in a group setting, and no one was there. Oh well, such is life, I guess. I'm very much interested in attending the two January events, especially the pre-release for Honor's Veil on the 26th. Also, my apologies for not making it to the Dawn of the Ogre events, Matt. I had an unexpected change to my schedule for the first weekend, prohibiting my attendance. And, as to the second, well....

Please do not discontinue this playgroup! I've been trying to get others actively involved, and am very much interested in playing. I'm making every effort to attend from Pullman, which can be prohibitive during the winter and the holiday seasons. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

-Justin Schouten
imperialdeadite
Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

I appreciate the effort and would like to continue to get together to play. I understand that pullman is a treck and not convenient to come every week. The main issue with attendance is that I have 2 people that still show interest and want to come down on the saturday meetings and only 1 that does on a regular basis. I like to play the game but if only 1 or 2 people show up then it is hard to justify ordering prize kits. I am talking to a few of the guys to see whats up on their end. I just wanted to give everyone a fair warning before I stopped showing up as often.

See ya all next saturday.

Intarweb Mastar!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

Ok I have talked a little bit over with John down at the store and we will be streamlining the l5r night set up. The L5R night is going to be on every 1st and 3rd saturday of each month, this way the scheduling is easier and I do not have to post teh date for each meeting. The general format is going to be Samurai Edition with a $1 buy in for prize support in the same manner as we have done in the past. I would like to continue meeting but until the regular player base is better I will not be order prize kits.

We will now be running the Honor's Veil pre-release on 01/19/07 as that will be the 3rd saturday in January.

I plan on being there every time we meet up but sometimes things come up and if I am not there the pairings can be worked out with the Merlyns employee. (I have been relying on Steve to do the pairings anyway so my absence doesn't really impact anything)
If anyone is coming in from out of town please post ahead of time so that I can make an extra concerted effort to be there.

I still plan on being down at merlyns on this upcoming saturday. However the 29th has been scheduled for an open night and I do not plan on being there. Anyone interested in playing open is welcome to show up though.

I will reiterate that the play environment that John and I are encouraging is fun good sportsmenship and an enjoyable group. I do expect that anyone playing will want to win and a friendly competition is understandable. However if anyone is not going to play for fun and is only interested in winning for the sake of being the #1 player I do advise you not to bother showing up. I have been playing L5R for 11 years now and adamantly believe in supporting factions and not just playing with the deck that wins tournements.

If anyone has any questions or comments I would love for some feedback. Thanks.

∞ Level Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: L5r Meetings and Tourneys

We did get the L5R Honor's Veil, and will run the release tournament Jan 19th at 6pm. The spots are $26 each with tax for a starter and 3 boosters, first come first served. Presigns will be taken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexLegend of the 5 Rings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: