North West Regional Tournament Guidelines
By Edgar Lincoln, Head GM
The following should be all you will need to know for the AADA PNW Regional tourney, which I have the privilege of hosting at Game Faire in Spokane, WA. It will be the Final weekend of April, Fri 27 - Sun 29. For more information go to [www.gorillabobs.com.GF2001.html].
Qualifiers will be as follows
Friday 7PM Div 25
Sat 9AM Div 15
Sat 1PM Div 30
Sat 7PM Div 10
All Qualifiers will be played in Match Box (3X) scale on a 6'x5' area with mobile board elements including ramps, walls, risers, jumps, trees, rocks and shootem's. Each arena will be different but there is no preset layout. Duelist will place elements, in order of reaction roll, at the beginning of each duel. Jumps will be set at 60 or 80 MPH. Walls are jersey barriers that have 15 DP, leave an obstacle if driven through, and may be fired over by any turreted vehicle. Risers are 1" (in scale) and are 2 ½"x51/2". These will allow shots on top armor by the vehicle on the riser, in some situations.
Victory points will be awarded for the following
1 pt Entering
1 pt Destroy Mobility on a car
1 pt Destroy Firepower on a car
1 pt @ Shoot a vehicle when its in the air or you're in the air, 2 pts max
1 pt Score a kill through a pristine side of armor (excluding rams, sorry!)
1 pt Hitting shootem (-4 to hit total , must be outside pt blank range, will trigger random dropped
weapon on jumps) 1 max
1 pt Dueling as a pedestrian, Double points awarded for kills as a Ped
1 to 3 pts by accolade of other duelists and crowd for exceptional dueling(very rare)
-1pt Vehicle killed, either firepower or mobility
-2pts Vehicle killed, driver injured
-3pts Vehicle killed, any crew killed
The Final will, following the tradition set by DRAW(thanks guys!), be a destructive model scale(8X) event with the top 2(or possibly 3, want about 12 people in the final) from each qualifier, Philip "Fool" White, last years regional champ, and any club champions seeded also. It will be on Sunday starting around noon, as the space comes available. Layout of the arena will be determined by space available and will be announced on Saturday. This will be a destructive event, which means that as your vehicle is damaged, we will be beating up your model to simulate that. I have models available, but player are welcome to use their own if they qualify( NO METAL BODIES!!). Trophies will be what is left of the top 3 cars, glued to a trophy base.
will be run under AADA guidelines, available at www.serv.net/~owenmp/tour2051/index.html
with the following differences/conditions:
1. Gas engines are allowed. Car must have at least 5 gallons of gas($40, 6lb/gal) in 1 tank
2. Racing bodies are allowed
3. each crewmember will be provided regular BA, a FP Suit, and a Heavy pistol that doesn't count against cost or weight of the vehicle, all other pedestrian items must be bought according to the alternate encumbrance rules.
4. actual reflex rolls will be used.
5. Loss of the engine is a full kill, as there is no longer power for the vehicle. The only exception is if the vehicle has a laser battery to provide power to weapons.
there is the CWRQ, a document I agree with except for the following
1. No tire shots.
2. The Gas tank may be component armored with the Engine.
3. VFRPs are the old, 15 2d rockets and may shoot 3/shot. Loaded cost and weight is the same.
4. Overdrive may be used on Gas vehicles.
5. SWC will work on Smartlinked weapons.
6. Gas engines do not require laser batteries for laser weapons.
7. SWC will work with both side weapons on a trike firing into the front arc with a regular link.
8. Crew will be 50 pts, with no more than 30 points spent in one skill.
9. Reflex rolls will be used.
10. see above for rules on personal equipment.
11. Confetti rule will be used, ram concussion will not.
12. If a shot is measured, it will be figured and ammo is spent, even if it is an impossible shot. I will gladly give an opinion on what a shot is likely to be, but if it is calculated, it is done.
13. All players are considered to have radios in their helmets and may talk, but it is an open channel. Any obvious collusion or deal making will result in the offending parties being removed from the duel, at the GMs discretion.
14. Extended D hazard for damage will be in use, i.e. 1 D/5 pts inflicted. 10-14 is a D3, 15 to 19 is a D4, etc. HD Shocks reduce this to 1D/10 pts, with 2-5 pts being a D0.
15. Rolls for mines and spikes will be made openly, checking for both ¼" and when in contact with counter if it occurs in different phases.
16. Maneuvers don't count against firing or crash tables.
17. Range is measured from center of counter to center of counter.
18. Obstacles and Explosive spikes destroy wheels, not just tires.
19. Vehicular fire doesn't effect internal components until armor is breached. Vehicular fire does 1/2d damage /turn to exposed components.
20. Acceleration and deceleration may only be done at the beginning of the turn unless done with items like Nitrous oxide or rocket boosters.
21. In the case of multiple hazards in a round, all hazards of a given type will be applied together then control will be checked once.
22. Any Crash table result less than a roll may be recovered from at the end of a turn by making a control roll at -6 at the cars current speed.
23. See victory points above.
24. Surrender is only an option if offered by a firing vehicle(BC pointed pt blank at an open side, firer declares "Surrender or Die!". Target may accept at their discretion. Only option to leave duel is to drive out. Vehicle that leaves when it can both move and fire cannot qualify for the final.
25. Starting speed is 40 mph or less.
That should be all. These reflect the need for the game to progress quickly and my desire to run a quality tournament. These are the variations I am used to and so are most of the players that should be attending. Any questions or comments can be sent to me at email@example.com.
Edgar Lincoln, GM